This week, I compiled and curated links, websites and sources of free ebooks, ejournals and audio books for BA Library Online. Now that we are in full swing of online classes, there is a need for teachers and community members to access selected and well chosen materials both for instructional or personal purposes. So, I am sharing the list I made. This is developing news, as they say in social media so there will be updates
Here is an initial list of free ebooks, ejournals and audiobooks selected and trawled from the web and in social media. We will develop this as we go. We encourage that you share what you find online. Together, we can build an online library of resources that specifically address our needs. Thank you!
Audible - Stories can be streamed via laptop, phone, tablet or desktop computer at stories.audible.com. The audiobooks are divided into categories: littlest listeners, elementary, tween, teen, literary classics and folk & fairy tales.
This is a personal favorite because of the anthologies of essays and short stories in the collection.
This is another good source for ebooks, especially if you are looking for more contemporary titles. Sign up in BookBub and it will send you recommendations of current books available in Amazon. When you sign up, you will be asked to check different book genres. Make sure your device has the Kindle reader app. BookBub is pretty loyal to Amazon.
DailyLit sends ebooks to your inbox on an installment basis. The subscription is free for now and ebooks are streamed online.
Follet-LightBox – 1,000 ebooks streaming for free upon registration
JSTOR Open Access Books - click this link to view the list of publishers who opened access to their ebook collection through JSTOR
[Project Muse](https://muse.jhu.edu/ https://about.muse.jhu.edu/resources/freeresourcescovid19/) –See the list of publishers who opened access to their ebook collection through Muse
- Johns Hopkins University Press (all books and journals, through 31 May 2020)
- Ohio State University Press (all books and journals, through 30 June 2020)
- University of Georgia Press (all books, through 30 June 2020)
- University of Nebraska Press (all books and journals, through 31 May 2020)
- University of North Carolina Press (all books, through 30 June 2020)
- University Press of Colorado (all books, through 30 June 2020)
- Temple University Press (all books, through 30 June 2020)
- Utah State University Press (all books, through 30 June 2020)
- Vanderbilt University Press (selected books, through 31 May 2020)
The list has selected titles of Newberry, Pulitzer and Nobel Prize winners. Don’t expect your favorite titles to turn up. It has links to videos of authors reading aloud a chapter of their books which you can use as a priming activity.
Scholastic - you may need to sign up for an account before you can stream the ebooks/emagazines.
And, last but not the least, for those who have young kids at home check Buri Books for digital versions of Adarna House's selected children's books.