1. Tuli o Di Tuli by Dr. Luis Gatmaitan,; illustrated by Manix Abrera, Hiyas 2019;
Philippine Children’s Literature’s resident doctor strikes again! Dr. Gatmaitan’s Tito Dok series tackles the science behind circumcission breaking myths and folklore along the way.
2. Ako Ang Bayan by PD Guinto; illustrated by Manix Abrera, Adarna House 2018
Guinto writes about freedom as the most precious thing on earth. His exposition is clear and straight to the point. Abrera’s visual interpretation of Guinto’s prose is simple but satisfying.
3. Moymoy Lulumhoy Book 4 by Segundo “Jun” Matias, Lampara Books 2019
Moymoy is now a teenager and his adversaries doubled. However, his greatest enemy to date is himself. Follow Moymoy’s adventures as he traverses a more challenging journey, finding his own self.
4. Janus Silang at Ang Hiwagang May Dalawang Mukha by Edgar Samar, Adarna House 2019.
If you are a fan of this book, go grab a copy because the questions left unanswered in book 3 leads you closer to the end.
5. Trese Book 7 Shadow Witness by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldissimo, Visprint 2019
Finally! Trese fans, we will get to know more about Alexandra’s mysterious brothers!
Enjoy the MIBF 2019 and hope to see you there!