Sunday, June 23, 2019

When Friends Recommend Books To Read

Because I was in a reading slump for months now, I posted a request for book recommendations over on Facebook and Twitter. Within minutes, friends sent their replies! Now I have enough titles to consider and acquire until the year ends.

I am sharing the titles I got from book lovers and readers in social media.

1.  Immaculate, Everything, Everything and Little Fires Everywhere
2.  Circe and The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
3.  Verity by Colleen Hoover
4.  Mary Russell Mysteries 
5. Sorcery and Cecilia
6. Stargirl 
7. Love, Stargirl.
8. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
9. Wonder by RJ Palacio
10. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver 
11. Becoming by Michelle Obama.
12. America is Not in the Heart by Elaine Castillo
13. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
14. The Last Unicorn
15. Insurrecto
16. Good Omens
17. American Gods
18. Uprooted by Naomi Novik
19. Spinning Silver
20. The Bear and the Nightingale 

From this list, I picked Uprooted by Naomi Novik. The female lead character narrates the story. It is a  first person point of view that is interesting, strong and convicted. The book was published in 2015 and if not for friends, I would have missed this wonder of a story. I will be posting my review, of course! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...