The Philippine Board on Books for Young People is now accepting entries for the 2019 PBBY Wordless Book Prize.
The winner shall receive Twenty Thousand Pesos and a medal. Prizes shall be awarded at an appropriate ceremony to be held on National Children’s Book Day, July 17, 2019.
DEADLINE: Entries must be received by the PBBY Secretariat and time-stamped no later than 5:00 p.m. on February 19, 2019.
- The contest is open to all Filipino citizens except those who are related to any PBBY member up to the third degree of consanguinity.
- All entries must be e-mailed to email@example.com. For this contest, all submissions must be in digital form, with each file clearly identifiable by a filename that is actually the pen name of the contestant.
- Entries may be in color or in black and white. They may be digitally rendered or traditionally done artwork that may or may not have been digitally enhanced. The submission format should be pdf. Entries should use the CMYK color space and should be at actual size format with resolution at 300dpi.
- Each entry should comprise the following:
- One clean comprehensive artwork of the cover spread design (includes both the front and back covers).
- Filenames for this file should include the initials CS. Example: PenName_CS.pdf
- Two clear comprehensive artworks of two spreads, rendered in the intended style and medium, and in the actual size format. The recommended spread size for a board book is 13 x 6.5 inches while the recommended size for a picture book is 14 x 9 inches.
- Filename should include SP01 for the first spread, and SP02 for the second spread. Example: PenName_SP01.pdf and PenName_SP02.pdf
- A detailed storyboard in line drawing (grayscale).
- Filename should include the initials SB. Example: PenName_SB.pdf
- The contestant also has the option to submit all files already collected in a 4-page pdf. Filename should be Penname_ALL.pdf.
- Entries should not contain any words, just the title and subtitles (if any) on the Cover spread (CS).
- Failure to observe file naming rules may affect judgment of entry.
- A contestant may send in more than one (1) entry.
- Entries may be collaborative, meaning a visual artist may collaborate with a writer to come up with the narrative for the entry.
- Each contestant should also email two documents:
- The first document should indicate the contestant’s full name, address, telephone/cell phone numbers, and email address.
- The second document should be a scan of a notarized certification from the contestant. (Download the format for the certification).
- If the entry is collaborative, there should be complete information for both contestants.
- The PBBY reserves the right of first refusal for the publication of all winning entries.