Friday, October 5, 2018

Library Packet for Teachers

On National Teacher’s Day, my staff and I prepared a packet for teachers. The packet contains a thank you card which I personally wrote notes for all forty teachers of the Academy, a poem about the many reasons why we teach, promotional collateral of all out online subscriptions and a profile of my staff and myself. Yup. Shameless plug. 

Needless to say, the packet was put together to thank teachers of their continued patronage, encourage teachers to ask us for questions, inform them of the rich resources we have in the library and remind them that their library staff are human resources that can help them teach better. In this age where virtually anything can be taken and sourced from Google, communicating the library’s role and our added value is very important. I have received good feedback thus far and I do welcome suggestions. And this is what I am more keen on getting. The activities, projects and programs that we run are informed by library users’ needs, feedback and responses. 

This is not the first time we distributed library packets. Nor will this be the last. In the changing landscape of education, librarians are challenged to be more creative and resourceful every day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...