Here is the guideline of our library's Summer Reading Program. I will post the progress of the activity in the blog in the coming days.
Summer Reading Program Guidelines
- Books from the BA Library collection can be borrowed over the summer. There is no limit to the number of books that can be borrowed. This is open to all members of the BA community. Book borrowing begins on May 22, 2015. All books borrowed during the summer must be returned on August 4, 2015.
- Students, teachers and staff can sign up for a Summer Reading Passport. Registration begins on May 22, 2015. Those who sign up will be given a reading passport.
- How does the Summer Reading Passport work?
- A minimum of 10 books is required to join in this summer reading activity.
- Upon signing up, you will be asked to define your reading goal.
- Choose at least 5 books from the recommended list found in the Summer Reading Program brochure and 5 books of your own choice from the BA library’s collection.
- Use the reading passport to record and log insights, reflections and responses on the books you have read.
- Take a photo of the top 3 best books you have read from the 10 books and post it on IG using #booklove, #bestreadsofsummer and #griffinsread.
- On August 4, 2015, return your completed reading passport to Mr. Flynn for a token or a reading award. Completed reading passports qualify as raffle tickets to the Back to School Book Giveaway Raffle Draw. The winner will be announced during the assembly.
Important reminder: Your reading goal must help you choose the books you will pick out from the recommended reading list and from the library’s collection.
Summer Reading Program (SRP) Schedule
May 18, 2015 Announcement of SRP via email
May 20, 2015 SRP Brochure distribution
May 22 - 28, 2015 Sign up days for Summer Reading Passport 2015
May 22, 2015 - August 3, 2015 READING TIME
August 4, 2015 Return all books borrowed to the library