Two weeks ago, the blog featured Teacher Vic and the work he does in reading assessment and intervention. Here now are his tips for literacy learning and better reading.
- Your top 5 tips for kids so they can be independent and lifelong learners
- Read about things that you like. You can listen to suggestions from your parents and teachers. But in the end, it’s your choice.
- Read, even if your parents don’t.
- Read, even if your friends don’t.
- Just like any skill, reading takes practice.
- Listen to your teachers. Most of the time, they know how
- Your top 5 tips to teachers so they can teach literacy better
- Know your stuff.
- Know when you don’t know enough.
- Know when to ask for help.
- Know when to have a break.
- Read, and be seen doing it.
- Top three books that influenced your choice of career
- Teaching Them to Read by Dolores Durkin
- Beginning to Read by Marilyn J. Adams
- Best Practices in Literacy Instruction by Michael Pressley
For inquiries on reading assessment and intervention programs, Teacher Vic can be reached through these contact numbers: 293-5431 (Builders School) and 09178527491 (mobile number).