Friday, October 28, 2022

Kuwentong Bangtan: The Astronaut

The Astronaut has landed!

I was excited for this song and for Jin who is off to military service in a few months. But I didn’t think The Astronaut is the song I needed.


Coldplay + Kim Seokjin + Lumpens = MGA HALIMAW SA GALING

In the video, The Astronaut chose to stay. Here is Jin on the back of a pickup truck going back to a place he’s called home. It does have a special meaning for ARMYs. Nag live pa siya kagabi. We get a clearer picture of their predicament where military enlistment is concerned.

On a personal level, it hits me differently. While the song is a sweet goodbye and a tender reassurance from Jin, it moved me to ask these question: What informs my choice to stay or to come back for someone or for something? Who will I turn my back on for someone else or for what? What is worth fighting for that I can afford to miss the next ship out? Who has been my Astronaut all these years? Have I been this kind of Astronaut for people I love and care for?

Thank you Kim Seokjin for once again moving me to reflect on questions that matter. Thank you for choosing ARMYs.

I am just a fan. But what did I do to deserve you, Bangtan?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...