Wednesday, August 10, 2022

The Lighthouse Diary #42: Welcome Home, Griffins!

We welcomed back our Griffins this week. We welcomed them back home.


We are in the middle of our Foundation Day this week and the nervous excitement is palpable. We are all coming out of the pandemic with mixed feelings. One thing is for sure, we are ready to teach, to learn and to grow depsite the loss and the trauma brought by COVID-19. Meeting the students on the first day back, especially my advisees was bittersweet. I have had two library orientations since yesterday and man, I missed it so much! Tomorrow, I will be giving another session with the grade 10s plus, a scavenger hunt! 

So far, the most challemging to monitor of the health protocols is the social distancing among students. Teachers need to be the models of this specific rule. Our Disaster and Risk Management Team had to re-arrange the common rooms' furniture and the available open spaces where students can hangout in observance of social distancing. With masks on at all times, I now have a better sense of the challenges medical front liners face.

While there is no assurance that I will not get re-infected, there is also no way but to move forward in these trying times. I am putting my faith on the universe. On the innate goodness of humanity. On God.

I cannot say completely that the anxiety will leave me alone. I find myself trust rests on people whom I call family.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...