Friday, May 22, 2020

Venturing Into Kdrama Land: My Top Ten Takeaways on Goblin: The Lonely Guardian


The first Korean Drama (Kdrama) that I watched in Netflix is Crash Landing On You (CLOY). I enjoyed it.
Kinilig ako, sobra! I shipped #RiRi on social media. I clipped photos of Hyun Bin and so far, I have seen two of his Kdramas Memories of Alhambra and Hyde, Jekyll and Me. Yes, I am on my way to being a full fledged Kdrama Ajooma.

If CLOY gave me all the romantic feels, Goblin, on the one hand, reminded me of what love is all about. CLOY is inspiring. It encouraged me to dream and to appreciate the simple things in life. It is an ode to living life to the fullest despite challenges and hardships. Goblin, however, is something else entirely. 

Goblin is epic. 

So, when my Kdrama support group asked my opinion of Goblin, I gave them my Top Ten Takeaways. 

1. No one else can wear a turtleneck the way Gong Yoo does.

2. Lee Dong Wook is the most adorable Grim Reaper ever. I was rooting for him from start to finish!


3. What difference a killer lipstick can do kaya pag gusto kong magtaray in a given day, I should be wearing blood red lipstick!


4. I will take more walks with the hubby when this (pandemic) is all over.


5. I will not wait for a good day or a remarkable moment to eat steak with a salad on the side. Seize the day!


6. I love the official sound track (OST). Bigla kong naisip at naalala ang mga favorite songs namin na naging anthem na ng aming buhay. We should sing them more often!


7. It takes time to forgive. Dumadaan sa proseso ang pagpapatawad. Wag pilitin kung hindi pa ready. Pero wag namang hintayan ang 900 years para magpatawad. 


8. Second chances are precious. Value them like your life.


9. There is destiny and fate, but to achieve forever is hard work. In fact, investment ito, mare! Kaya, mag risk ka at wag matakot.

10. Our God is a generous and loving god. He allows us to live our lives the way we want it. Life (and death) is how we make it. 


Last, there are no new stories under the sun. But there are many ways to fashion them into exciting and engaging narratives. The producers of the recent three K dramas I have seen know this so well. 


To date, I have seen Touch Your Heart, which stars Lee Dong Wook  and Yoo In-na who played the Grim Reaper and Kim Sun respectively in Goblin. Right now, I am watching Itaewon Class, Life and The King Eternal Monarch. I intend to watch more Kdramas in the future!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...