Monday, November 17, 2014
Library & Reading Promo: Christmas Reading Passport 2014
1. Students get a reading passport from the library.
2. They borrow one book about the theme of the week.
3. They return the book a week after borrowing and they fill out a box on their reading passport.
4. They borrow another book until they complete four books by December 15, 2014.
5. Filled out reading passports will entitle them to a free frappucino on December 16, 2014.
PLUS: borrowers will get 5 book points off their book quota.
The book quota is the number of books each student is required to borrow in one academic year. There is a corresponding task or consequence for students who fall short of their book quota. Sounds harsh?
Well, at some point, reading must be required and monitored. With activities that encourage students to read, advisory and guidance on their choices of reading materials can be facilitated.
Will see how this will go by next week and the coming weeks to come.