Friday, May 3, 2013

Upcoming Book: My Daddy, My One and Only!


After wrapping up A Tale of Two Dreams with Bernadette Solina Wolf and sending the revised book dummy back to the press, Jomike Tejido posted a spread of our book project, My Daddy, My One and Only! When Jomike sent the studies a few months back, I was whisked back to my childhood. His rendition reminded me of two childhood favorites: Babar and Richard Scarry!

And now, he sent me this sample of the finished illustration of one of the book's spreads with colors. Can you guess what animal character Jomike used for the main characters of the story?

Visit Jomike Tejido's blog to see more of his wonderful illustrations.

2 comments:

Jomike Tejido said...

It waz really fun doing this and i loved working with the minimal word count. Thanks for the open mind for my animal characters! Hope to do more projs with you again!

Zarah C. Gagatiga said...

Jomike, I think animals have an enduring and universal appeal to children. I want to see this work :-) Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed doing this project.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...