Tuesday, June 24, 2008

PRC Librarian of The Year (2007)

Congratulations to Dir. Lourdes T. David of the Rizal Library, Ateneo de Manila University for being conferred by the Philippine Regulations Commission (PRC) as the Outstanding Professional Librarian of 2007.

Ma'am Lou has touched many lives of students and professionals in the field of library science, information technology and academic research. I would not have pursued the inkling to try IT and its applications to pedagogy if not for her mentoring and tutelage way back in the late 90's. I could still remember the term paper I wrote for in her MA class, LIS 260. It was about Computer Aided Instruction (CAI). Little does she know that every time I write a professional article, essay or paper on library and information science, on IT and its use in pedagogy, I close my eyes and think of her many advice. When faced with challenges and crises in library management, her words of wisdom come to mind and I become hopeful, yet again. Salamat po, Ma'am Lou!

I wish her the best, good health and many more years to inspire young librarians and IT professionals to grow in their chosen field of expertise.

Photo courtesy of The Filipino Librarian.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...