I wish to see:Hulyo 20 – 25: Wish List
What book for Filipino children and young adults do you wish was published?There are no restrictions on the number of answers, genre, etc, and can be by a writer, illustrator, or publisher.
1. More graphic novels and comic books that are written for kids and young adults by Filipino writers, artists and publishers.
2. Books on LGBT; kids growing up from dysfunctional families and mixed marriages; children and teens from indigenous cultures; historical fiction for kids and teens that have strong women characters; memoirs and biographies.
3. More wordless picture books; board books and cloth books; pop-up books that show Philippine art, culture and history; interactive books that foster creativity, play and kinesthetic development.
4. Books with digital versions that do not stray away from the original print version but extend the reading experience.
5. More books that will make children, teens and even the adults who read them laugh more and live more! Our books are too serious though we claim to be a happy people.
The Librarian’s Workshop: Creative Reading Programs for School Libraries Servicing K-12 Learners will also be held on July 25.
For more information about any of the above events, please email email@example.com or visit Philippine Board On Books For Young People Page on Facebook.