Monday, October 1, 2012

Librarians' Role in Children's Library Services

I just came home from the National Library of the Philippines. Day 1 of the 1st National Children's Librarians Conference commenced today. I arrived at the NLP thirty minutes before my scheduled talk. It was good to see friends from the profession. There were new faces as well and I'm glad to meet a younger set of participants. I had the opportunity to book talk the six NCBA Best Reads of 2012. Thank you so much, NLP!

A few minutes before my talk, I grabbed a bite of lunch and sat with Lou Miranda of Colegio San Agustin, Binan. Feedback was that participants were eager to listen and learn more about library services and the K-12 Curriculum. I did not announce in the conference that I am schedule to do a workshop on library skills instruction in the K-12 Program on 13 November 2012. Details to be announced so visit the blog often.

Below is a PowerPoint presentation (.pdf) of my lecture.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...