The National Book Development Board (NBDB), Light Rail Transit Authority (LRTA), and Vibal Foundation are giving aspiring poets a chance to have their poems posted in LRT trains as part of the Tulaan sa Tren readership promotion campaign.
Rules and guidelines:
1) The contest is open from 22 June 2009 until 22 July 2009 to all Filipino citizens of all ages.
2) The NBDB will accept original, unpublished poems with the theme Journeys/Paglalakba y. Entries may be in English, Filipino, or any of the regional languages (with English or Tagalog translation if written in a regional language) and should be up to 200 words long. Only one (1) poem per author will be accepted.
3) The Board of Judges will select three (3) winners each for the English and Filipino categories. For each category, the Grand Prize winner will receive P5,000.00, second prize winner will receive P3,000.00, and third prize winner will receive P2,000.00. Winning entries will be posted in LRT trains alongside the works of established Filipino poets and will be published in a compilation of Tulaan sa Tren 2 poems. The NBDB shall share copyright with the authors for their winning poems for purposes of broadcast and/or publication in the NBDB’s readership campaigns.
4) Entries must be submitted along with the Official Entry Form. The author’s name and address must only appear in the Official Entry Form and must not appear on the entry. Entries may be e-mailed to tulaansatren@ nbdb.gov. ph or sent postmarked no later than July 22, 2009 to:
Office of the Executive Director
National Book Development Board
2/F NPO Bldg.
EDSA cor. NIA Northside Road
Diliman, Quezon City
5) The winners will be contacted by the NBDB prior to the launch of Tulaan sa Tren 2 and will be awarded during the project launch tentatively set in August.
Entry forms may be downloaded on the NBDB website (www.nbdb.gov. ph)