Friday, June 17, 2022

Writing Life Roundup for June 2022

 And it's June.

What do you know. Half the year is over and soon, it will be the "Ber" months. I am on break from school, which means work is at a pause (yes, my day job) and usually, it is in the summer where I can write more, engage in my advocacies and get back to hobbies that are therapeutic like pottery, collage making and crafts like paper art and cloth art.

All things considered, I am concentraiting on a writing project I signed up for an international publisher. I will be sharing bits and pieces of this project with you, dear readers. For now, here is a list of some good things "yet to come".

1. My Daddy, My One Only, Dear Nanay and Big Sister are in the public libraries of Canada. Super thank you to Mommy Dinah Acedillo-Clemente for sharing a video of Yanyan reading aloud Big Sister. Her video gave me the push to continue on with the R&D of the my new book project. 

2. The STARS Series finally had its verdict from the Department of Education review and evaluation system. It looks like we will need a 180 degree rebranding of the series.

3. A textbook publisher is asking permission for the reprinting of My Daddy, My One and Only. 😁 I already gave them my go signal.

4. I am excited on the release of an anthology where I have a contribution of "letters". Last I heard, it will be launched in the summer. This summer. Damdum-dadum!

5. I accepted an invitation to judge a writing contest on Children's Story Writing. I get to read what young writers are writing about these days. I may be the judge for this competition but I learn from the stories or entries I read as well. 

Like any season, summer is so quick to pass. Like everything else in life, we live in the now and celebrate victories big and small!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...