Here are posts about the Christmas Reading Passport from previous years:
Christmas Reading Passport 2015
Christmas Reading Passport 2014
Christmas Reading Passport 2014 Video
Here's how the Christmas Reading Passport works:
1. Students get a reading passport.As the grade 9s have started a unit on Poetry in English class, I have put on display books on poetry. Inspired by current events, I picked up some books and stacked them together for a book spine poem I shared with the community.
2. The reading passport is designed to encourage students to read four books on the themes of hope, peace, joy and love. There are four questions to be answered, one for each book. This way, students are guided on their book choices. Recommended reads, a list of books about the themes are sent out via email lists to everyone.
3. The passport and the books are taken home over the long holiday break.
4. Students come back after the break with the passports filled out. They submit this to the library staff.
5. They get a token from the library.