Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Book Reviews: That Salty Air & The Sleeper and the Spindle

That Salty AirThat Salty Air by Tim Sievert

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This graphic novel/novella made me feel uncomfortable. Maybe because, like the lead character, I am still coming to terms with my own issues on dealing with events beyond my control. What I liked about the novella is the presence of a loved one who is willing to stick around no matter what happens.



View all my reviews

The Sleeper and the SpindleThe Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The plot twist took me by surprise. Gaiman's handling of language is beautiful, as always. His trademark bending of old tales to combine and reconstruct new ones never cease to amaze.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...