Monday, October 19, 2015

Teen Read Week is October 18 - 24, 2015: Get Away @ your Library

Breaking the silence in the blog and coming from a hiatus, I begin this week with a post on Teen Read Week 2015. This year's theme for Teen Read Week is  Get Away @ your Library. Know more about this year's theme and get freebies, like posters, bookmarks and flyers. One interesting event that YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association) sets up every year during Teen Read Week celebration is the Teens Top Ten. Visit their Facebook Page and find out past winners. There is voting of top ten lists this year and the deadline is on October 24, 2015.

The annual lists are my reference and catalog for selecting and acquiring titles for my teenage readers in school. I consider the list as my personal catalog of books to read as well. How I wish we have something like this in Manila. But, we need to strengthen the book making and content creation of young adult books in the locality.

Starting this week, I will be posting reviews of books I have read and movies I have watched that teens and the young at heart might enjoy. I will also be reminiscing the wonderful libraries I have been to and why these libraries have been places to get away to. Here is my list of book reviews to post:

a.  The Amulet Series
b.  Carry On
c.  We Were Liars
d.  The Maze Runner (the movie)
e.  Flipped (the movie)
f.  The Secret World of Arrietty (animation)
g. The Old ISM Library
h. The Old TJCC Library
i.  The PNU Library
j.  TK Park, Bangkok

What about you? What book or library have you read or been to that you consider as places to get away to? If not a library, maybe a bookstore?

Post a comment or send me a PM on FB.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...