Thursday, October 8, 2015

Teacher Storyteller: Michelle Agas

I was with Teacher Michelle Agas last May 2015 for a week long workshop in Bicol. We had a wonderful time working together along side Teacher Pam Razon in the literacy training of EDUCO and Adarna House. Last MIBF, she was at the Lampara Writing Workshop as participant. During the A Day with Weavers of Magic, she was one of the lead storytellers in the workshop.

Was it only yesterday when Teacher Michelle was a college student in Teacher Portia Padilla's class? It was there, in Prof. Padilla's class where I met her, an "Eduk" student of UP Diliman and I was the class's guest resource person on storytelling.

A few years after, Michelle joined the PBBY Salaysayan 2008 , a storytelling competition, where she won first place in the English Division. Read the link on the PBBY Salaysayan 2008 where I happened to be  judge. I was impressed at Teacher Michelle's performance. She was a revelation.  

I am proud at how far Teacher Michelle has grown as a storyteller since her college days. Aside from teacher training and reading tutorials, Teacher Michelle runs ReadingReady where storytelling services for schools, events and parties can be availed.

Cheers to you, Teacher Michelle! I look forward to more meet ups and workshops with you in the future. I still dream of doing a tandem telling performance with you!

Teacher Mich in action at the A Day with Weavers of Magic

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...