My favorite children's books and YA novel are:Hulyo 7 – 13: Favorite BooksWhat is your favorite book for children and young adults?The book should be written, illustrated, or published by a Filipino. There are no restrictions on the number of answers, genre, date of publication, language, etc.
1. Alamat ng Ampalaya by Augie Rivera (Adarna House) - Because social justice is underrated.
2. Sandosenang Sapatos by Luis Gatmaitan (OMF-Hiyas) - Because life is not perfect and we are flawed beings. But our flaws and imperfections do not prevent us from loving. And this love, when it is real, can allow us to accomplish great things.
3. Chenelyn! Chenelyn! by Rhandee Garlitos (Adarna House) - Because we should be people for others, besides, this book is a good storytelling piece. The language and repetitive lines: Chenelyn! Chenelyn! make it so.
4. The Great Duck and Crocodile Race by Robert Magnuson (OMF-Hiyas) - Because one-upmanship is a paradigm or a mindset that must not be patronized. Collaborate instead. Cooperate and help each other out.
5. Shine by Candy Gourlay - Because I believe that words are powerful either when it is spoken or silenced.
So, there. Remember that July 21 is National Children's Book Day. See you in the Summit and in the NCBD Book Fair at the Rizal Library.
Umuulan ng Libro! The 32nd National Children’s Books Day will be celebrated through two events. The Philippine Children’s Book Summit on July 21 at Elements Centris, EDSA, and the Children’s Book Fair on July 25 at Rizal Library, Ateneo de Manila University. The Librarian’s Workshop: Creative Reading Programs for School Libraries Servicing K-12 Learners will also be held on July 25. For more information about any of the above events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Philippine Board On Books For Young People Page on Facebook.