In a talk with fellow KUTING writers and probees last November 2013, I shared with them three high school libraries who collected titles of YA novels read by their students. Joy Fajardo Nera and Ann Grace Bansig sent their library's top ten YA reads based on circulation reports.
From Joy Fajardo Nera, Assumption College, San Lorenzo Makati
1. The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
2. The Infernal Devices Series especially the Clockwork Princess
3. The Secret Series by Pseudonymous Bosch
4. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
5. The Abundance of Katherine by John Green.
6. The Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke
7. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
8. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
9. Sophie Kinsela's books
10. The Giver by Lois Lowry.
Top Ten List from De La Salle Santiago Zobel School (Grades
7-10) sent by Ann Grace Bansig
1. Dancing Home by Alma Flor Ada and Gabriel M. Zubizarreta (lexile book)
2. Revenge of the Whale : the true Story of the Whale Ship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick (lexile book)
3. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
4. Looking for Alaska by John Green
5. Paper Towns by John Green
6. Ten Great Mysteries by Edgar Allan Poe (lexile book)
7. The Princess Plot by Kirsten Boie (lexile book)
8. The Wright Brothers at kitty hawk by Donal J. Sobol (lexile book)
9. This As What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer Smith
10. Let It Snow: Three Holiday romances by John Green