Tuesday, September 17, 2013

MIBF Moments

The excitement and energy of the recently Manila International Book Fair is ebbing away. I am left with good memories and some regrets.

I regret not having enough time to visit booths and greet writers who launched their books that Saturday at the MIBF. I regret not taking enough pictures. I regret not being able to buy books! I missed the ReaderCon announcement of book finalists in this year's Readers Choice Awards!

But.

I am still basking in the wonderful moments spent with friends in the industry. Best of all, the hubby was with me the whole day at the book fair. That's a first, I tell you!

Sharing a few pictures --

L-R Ed Maranan, Luchie Maranan, myself, Luis Gatmaitan, Eugene Evasco, Heidi Abad, Rose Torres Yu, Becky Bravo and Jun Matias of Lampara House

Look who's at the Lampara Writing Workshop!

Started my presentation with a storytelling of Joseph's Overcoat using Albergus table napkins.

Signed for Luis "Tito Dok" Gatmaitan.

Did some book signing too after the workshop.

Thanks to Lampara House, my publisher, for organizing the panel-workshop on writing stories for children. The event was attended by published writers, teachers and librarians, students and readers from all walks of life. It was an honor to be with the company of academicians and Palanca winners: Eugene Evasco, Rose Torres-Yu and Heidi Abad. The presence of friends from KUTING made the even a celebration of books, reading and children's literature.

See you at next year's Manila International Book Fair!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...