Monday, June 10, 2013

Looking for Andoy: Andres Bonifacio Descendant

This is Vicente "Kuya Teng" Antonio. The woman beside him is his wife, Ligaya "Ate Gaya" Antonio. I know them from Magis Deo, a community of encountered married couples in the Ignatian Spirituality. Kuya Teng and Ate Gaya are our batch mates in the Marriage Encounter Weekend that my husband and I attended in 2006. Over the past seven years, we have been companion couples to each other; praying together and for each other as we go through the challenges of family and married life.

What has Kuya Teng got to do with my blog post today?

Well, Kuya Teng is a descendant of Andres Bonifacio. His mother, whom we call Inang, is still very strong and lucid. It would be grand to get a genealogy from Inang. I think I have to do it soon while Inang can still talk about her family's history and her connection with the revolutionary hero.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...