Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Letter of Thanks

Yesterday, I received a letter from Flynn, my library staff, thanking me of the small things I do that matter a lot to him. I was touched by the gesture. What a fitting way to end the month of hearts.

His letter gave me a lot to think about. Not only did he thank me for the professional mentoring and guidance, but also for the personal advice and tokens of friendship I've given him and his family over the course of three years of working together. I could only say welcome and respond with gratitude because, really, I could not do everything alone in the library. I feel I've done a good job at organizing the library with his help. I'm glad that he values the training set up for him.

Managing work is one thing. Human relations is another.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...