Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Second Day @ the MIBF 2011

Day 2 at the MIBF started with a brief guest appearance on air. Thanks to Dr. Luis Gatmaitan who pulled some strings at the 702 DZAS on-site radio booth, I was able to promote the PBBY forum scheduled that afternoon. Tita Carmen was a gracious host. It was not my first time on radio but she made the five minute chat enjoyable. From there on, Luis and I were companions until 2PM for the PBBY forum on Children's Literature.


At lunch, I met Blooey Singson of Something Blue. She gave me a big bag of books! It was her donation for my call on book donations last August. I still have yet to go over the donations and sort them out. Definitely, who ever receives them are lucky readers. The books are all in good condition. Thanks so much, Blooey!


An hour before 2PM, Luis and I headed to SMX Meeting Room 3 for the PBBY forum, Sulataktakan: Conversations on Children's Literature. Esteemed panelists that afternoon included Mailin Paterno Locsin, Dr. Luis Gatmaitan, Russell Molina, Jomike Tejido and Beth Parocha-Doctolero. Attendance was good. The panelists' input was excellent. KUTINGs and Ang INKies were present as well as friends and literacy advocates in the industry. For details of the forum, I will have to wait a few more days to flesh it out. I moderated the forum and I am still, star struck. Here are some photos from the even forum.

 

The PBBY Board: Totet de Jesus, Rayvi Sunico, Zarah Gagatiga, Ani Almario, Luis Gatmaitan and Neni SR Cruz

KUTINGs L-R Becky Bravo, MJ Tumamac, Augie Rivera, May Tobias-Papa, Heidi Abad, Zarah Gagatiga, Luis Gatmaitan, Lalaine Aquino and Jerson Capuyan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...