Great news from Museo Pambata! It's an indication that Philippine Children's Literature is an established and flourishing industry. Museo Pambata will launch a new interactive room/center where kids can explore and discover their writing and illustrating talents through the activities about premier Filipino writers and illustrators for kids.
Museo Pambata and some friends (PBBY included) worked together to choose and create a short list of 6 children storybook writers and 6 illustrators to feature and include in the exhibits for the theme room.
The chosen writers are:
1. Rene O. Villanueva
2. Augie Rivera
3. Luis Gatmaitan
4. Rhandee Garlitos
5. Carla Pacis
6. Russell Molina
The chosen illustrators are the following:
1. Albert Gamos
2. Ruben de Jesus
3. Jo Anne Bereber
4. Jose Aruego
5. Robert Alejandro
6. Beth Parrocha
The room will be housing exhibits that present:
1. The type of intelligences writers and illustrators have (Theory of Multiple intelligences – Howard Gardner and Right Brain-Left Brain Theory)
2. Writers and illustrators discussing their sources of inspiration and ideas
3. The tools of trade/gadgets used and simulated work place/area
4. Samples of first manuscripts, journals, sketch pads, drawing studies, printing templates
5. Original/digitized artworks (from published works)
*For the writer’s corner, the interactive activities include children putting together words that complete the story text in a particular drawing.
**Other fun exhibit modules include a clothes rack where children can dress-up as characters in the storybooks as well wear headdresses of famous characters in the book.
*** There would also be a special display area for the 25 best loved characters in Philippine Children’s literature.
In the room, there would also be a tree serving as the reading area where various storybooks for children are displayed for the children to explore, read and enjoy. Making this new room possible are Adarna, Cacho, OMF, Anvil, Lampara Books and Philippine Board on Books for Young People.