Monday, September 21, 2009

Public Library Blogs

I'm squeezing this in before packing my stuff for the Philippine Public Librarians League, Inc. (PPLLI) Baguio conference. This is an exciting discovery that must be blogged about.

I was impressed by the Quezon City Public Library's (QCPL) blog and website. I just found out this morning in my last attempt to source out websites for my talk tomorrow. Their blog presents a good image of their library. It even has a working OPAC running via OpenBiblio. What's more, their library blog covers a good range of reader's services for children and teens. Plus, there are several branches with WiFi connection! What a perfect example for my talk tomorrow on the use of web technology for the delivery of reader's services!

I hope to meet a librarian from QCPL to know more about their automation process and other projects. I am continuously on the look out for such initiatives so I can feature them in this blog. Will blog about Baguio and the PPLI conference soon!

2 comments:

riko said...

ms zarah,

good to hear that you appreciate public libraries effort to move out and position themselves as information center in the community. qcpublic maybe one, in the same manner that you could also check out the naga library web site at www.naga.gov.ph/library and my blog on the library.

was busy with the penafrancia fiesta so i did not attend the PPLI conference. have issues in the org which are not yet resolved within the organizations too.

Zarah C. Gagatiga said...

thanks for sending the link, riko.

i hope that issues, whatever these are, can be put aside to pursue the common good :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...