Thursday, March 8, 2007

The Secret Life of a Librarian

I got this meme from Janette Toral (5 Things People Don't Usually Know About Me). Go to the link and it's dated December 31, 2006. If not for the tracking system I have in this blog, I would have not known that she tagged me. As the saying goes, better late than never.

People don't usually know that...

1. I won the grand prize of Php 75,000.00 in the 75th PLAI Anniversary Raffle. It was Prof. Agcaoili of UST who picked my name from the "tambiolo". That was in 1997. Now I wonder what luck awaits me ten years after. Don't ask me what I did with the money or how I spent it. I'm never good at saving and investing my finances.

2. I have appeared on TV twice already. The first time was way back in the late 90s when I was still a storyteller for National Book Store. The TV appearance was for a promotional pitch for the Berenstein Bears Chapter books. I read aloud a portion of the story to some studio kids. It was the morning show of Plinky Recto and some newscaster guy. I can't remember his name now. I was so nervous! It was a live show. The second time, I was more relaxed. It was for Augie Rivera's Art Angel. There I met Pia Arcanghel for the first time. Too bad, I didn't get to see myself in both shows.

3. My first published article was for Philippine Star, Family & Life Section. I wrote about kids and the things they can do for summer while school is out. I still keep the clipped article to this day. And if my memory serves me right, it was also in 1997 when the article got published.

4. I was born on the feast of the Assumption. Being Catholic, I consider this a blessing.

5. I was a preschool teacher before becoming a librarian. I had to pass the board exam and when I did, I took the road less traveled. I never looked back since then.

For this meme, I am tagging Peachy (who I miss terribly),Ria (who likes doing memes) and Ian (who is such an interesting person).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...